Faith Ringgold Tarbeach
" Anyone can fly,” Cassie Louise Lightfoot tells her little brother, BeBe. In this allegorical story quilt, author and artist Faith Ringgold speaks in the voice of indomitable young Cassie, who rises above life’s challenges and into her dreams. In words and pictures, Ringgold shares a nighttime journey from the real “tar beach”—the summertime Harlem rooftop of her youth—to starry skies full of hope. Revel in her tale while you put together this lively 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle. “The next thing you know, you’re flying among the stars.”
• Gather with family and friends for puzzle-piecing together!
• Our luxury puzzles are crafted with attention to every detail
• High-quality 250-GSM matte artpaper for superior color, crisp details, and no glare
• Ribbon-cut thick board for snug fit and minimal dust
• Produced using thick recycled paper board
• Exclusive selection of art from museums and artists around the world
Box size: 10 x 13 x 1.875 in.
Puzzle size: 25 x 25 in.
Faith Ringgold, an artist, storyteller, educator, and feminist activist, she reflects on social turmoil and change while preserving her memories in vibrant mixed-media creations. Ringgold (American, b. 1930) grew up in Harlem, New York, and taught art in the New York public school system for nearly two decades before turning to fine art full time. Her oeuvre reflects her rising political consciousness, with painted story quilts, sculptures, and children’s books approaching complex issues such as racism with straightforward messages. Ringgold is a visionary who has garnered dozens of awards and honorary degrees, yet—in her nineties—is actively responding to sociopolitical upheaval in her art.